Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My One Track Mind

I admit, I'm compulsive. And I now have a new one: World of Warcraft!

I have been playing Diablo 2 for several years, and I still get into moods that I want to do that, but the style with which I play D2 is solo. I am a magic finder, so I spend the vast majority of my time playing in locked room with just me. I like doing it, but also was looking for something a little different.

Since I obviously like the games that Blizzard develops, I started looking at World of Warcraft, and I have to admit, I am hooked! In only about a week! I have been playing just about any spare moment I get, and even now, I am waiting for when I can get back on and continue my adventures. I think I found another game that is right down my alley being something that is more involved than just a point and shoot or drive in circles.

Alright, so I'm happy (or at least happier), but not everyone around me is. I have a one track mind and I do tend to get lost in things like World of Warcraft for hours at a time. I think I tune out my life so I can recharge a little bit. And I really don't mean to ignore the people around me. Actually I see it as no different than sitting here and playing Freecell for hours (which I have been known to do also). If you want my attention all you have to do for the most part is ask, and it is yours!

3 comments:

Kiley said...

Hey, there's way worse things to be hooked on. ;-) Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I played Age of Empires for hours once and the next day my eyes were all blurry and I had to make an appointment to see an optician...

Eva J. Mah said...

There is nothing wrong with recharging your batteries. I just hate to interrupt your game ...